Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It doesn't take long for a small mold problem to grow into a major mold infestation. In as little as 48 hours, mold can begin to grow and spread throughout your property and cause a ton of damage as it does so. If you think that you might have a mold problem on your property, it is important to call your local mold remediation experts as quickly as possible! A quick response can prevent your damage from spreading any further.
Down below our team has listed some do's and don'ts after discovering a mold infestation on your property. Take a second to review our Mold Damage Tips to learn more!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (805) 963-0606
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Santa Barbara and SERVPRO of Santa Ynez / Goleta for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Santa Barbara and SERVPRO of Santa Ynez / Goleta has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Santa Barbara
- El Canto Heights
- Gaviota Beach
- San Rogue
- Isla Vista
- Hope Ranch
- Refugio State Beach
- Santa Ynez
- Los Olivos
- Santa Barbara Airport SBA
- Santa Ynez Airport IZA