SERVPRO of Santa Barbara mitigated this Lompoc kitchen fire.
SERVPRO of Santa Barbara was called out to a kitchen fire in Lompoc that was caused by a garbage disposal unit under the sink.
SERVPRO arrived and preformed an emergency clean. Emergency cleaning is a effort to save smooth surfaced items like glass, appliances, fixtures etc from becoming etched from the smoke which can be acidic and etch smooth surfaced items.
SERVPRO also will have an environmental company test for lead and asbestos before and demo or heavy cleaning is done so a proper and safe scope of work can be determined. In this case the home was asbestos and lead free.
SERVPRO of Santa Barbara immediately sealed off the kitchen where the worst of the fire, soot and smoke damage was. The rest of the home was cleanable only needing new carpet and paint. The kitchen however, needed to be demolished to properly restore the property.
This Lompoc customer had their own contractor that liked to work with So, SERVPRO got everything ready for rebuild.