Fire Damage in Hope Ranch
One of the things that you would probably not think about after the evacuation notices are lifted is that you may have lost power in your home while you were gone. That is exactly what happened to this home in the Hope Ranch section of Santa Barbara. After the fire, this house was without power for several days. In the "before" picture above, you see the refrigerator with its doors closed. The very good reason that the doors are closed is because without electricity, the food had gone bad and man did it stink! This is another reason why SERVPRO is here to help. The hard-working crew from SERVPRO of Santa Barbara removed all of the rotting food, inventoried and took photos of the food for insurance to reimburse the homeowner, and then cleaned the refrigerator until it sparkled like new. The homeowner was thrilled that there was one less thing they needed to do and happy that SERVPRO was able to help them navigate the insurance process.