SERVPRO can restore your documents after a fire or water damage?
SERVPRO wants to take care of our customers in Santa Barbara, CA in their most vulnerable time of need, that is why we offer the professional services that we do: emergency mitigation, fire and water restoration, mold remediation, bio hazard cleaning and so much more. However, one restoration service that can be overlooked is our customer’s paper documents and records. Even today in our digital world we still have valuable papers. These items if mostly intact can be restored and digitized.
If you are not familiar with it, here is an overview.
SERVPRO offers four services: Vacuum Freeze Drying, Gamma Irradiation, Digitizing, and Certified Destruction. Vacuum Freeze Drying is the most effective way to salvage water damaged documents. The saturated documents are immediately frozen and shipped from the loss site to our Corporate office. immediately freezing the documents arrests further damage. Mold is less likely to grow, ink will not run, pages are less likely to fall apart. Freezing is the first part to drying via sublimation. Sublimation is the process of solid ice converting directly to the gas state bypassing the liquid state. This prevents further damage to the water-logged documents. This process takes between 7-10 days depending on the severity and the number of documents affected. Gamma Irradiation is a process that is used for cleaning/disinfecting and decontaminating documents. In a CAT 3 situation (sewage or flood water), documents are not only deteriorating but are also contaminated with all types of bacteria. Using high-energy photons, the bacteria is killed at the molecular level. There is no fear of residual radiation or contamination, so don’t worry, you won’t turn into a green comic hero. If you want to digitize l with your records, we can do that too.
To bullet point and sum up the above article:
- Drying- process in which an item containing moisture is frozen and dried using vacuums and pressures to achieve sublimation (A process in which a substance is converted directly from a solid to a gas or from a gas to a solid without an intermediate liquid phase.) Note: Damaged documents should be frozen as quickly as possible to stabilize them and prevent further damage.
- Cleaning- we offer onsite cleaning. This is cleaning each document front and back to remove debris and any surface particulate.
- Sterilization- Gamma Irradiation is a process that is used for disinfecting and decontaminating documents or other consumer goods.
- Deodorization- once paper has been wet, an odor can begin to form. Letting us deodorize your documents will reduce the odor and sometimes almost eliminate it.
- Destruction- we offer destruction onsite.
- Digitization- digitizing documents makes them easier to access as well as easier to store. We use state-of-the-art equipment to turn your paper copy into a digital file.
If you find yourself in need of saving damaged documents, call SERVPRO and we will work hard to make it "Like it never even happened."
Contact us anytime at (805) 963-0606