If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (805) 963-0606

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Don't let a space heater cause a fire in your home.

1/14/2020 (Permalink)

picture of a small black electric space heater electric space heater

According to energy.gov there are about 25,000 residential fires a year in the United States from the use of space heaters in the home. Space heaters should be setup at least a three feet away from any thing that can catch fire such as furniture, boxes, paper or other combustible items. Check your space heater equipment often and clean it regularly. If you have any doubt replace it. New space heaters have more safety features then old ones.  It is a good idea to unplugged the space heater  whenever not in use or when you leave your home.  Cleaning your space heater can be done by blowing compressed air throughout the inside and vents to get rid of dust and debris that may accumulate and wiping down where you can.  You may need to remove the front cover to do so.

A good source for safety information regarding space heaters is ESFi  (The Electrical Safety Foundation International)

If you have had a fire or smoke damage in your home or business call SERVPRO of Santa Barbara and Santa Ynez/Goleta. We are available 24/7/365

Other News

View Recent Posts